Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Geek-tastic.com Update



 

Don't you just hate it when the real world gets in the way of doing the things you love most?  That's what's been going on with me lately.  I apologize for the lack of posts here at the site this week.  Two major events have contributed to my being unable to update the site as frequently as I would like two.  One, thankfully, is a temporary situation.  The other, sadly, will be something we're going to have to put up with for a while.

 

Let's deal with the bigger one first.  As I've mentioned before here, I am not quite fortunate enough to have somehow found a way to get someone to pay me for my massive nerd-blogging skills.  As such, I have a regular 8 to 5 office job that I attend every Monday through Friday.  Previously, I have been able to find some time here and there between doing my work to post a small item here and there.  Last week though, the IT people at my job finally caught on to what I was doing and have banned Geek-tastic from my workplace computer.  This pretty much negates any and all contact I can have with the site throughout the day.  From now on, I am only able to update the site in the evenings on those few evenings a week when I'm actually home.  As a result of this, my postings here at the site will most likely become less frequent than they were before and I cannot guarantee that I will have something new to post every day.

 

I will do my best to post when I can, and will try to have at least an average of two posts a day or so, but that may not alway be the case.  Due to this decrease, I shall do my best to make sure that the few posts I do make are of higher quality for you, my awesome readers.

 

The other thing that's going on is that I am in the process of moving to a new apartment.  The actual move itself will be at the end of next week, and there may be a couple of days period where my internet is screwy as I set stuff up at my new place and get everything unpacked.  So expect the postings to be especially light late next week and the early part of the first week of July.  After that, hopefully, things will return to normal.

 

Again, I'm very sorry that I won't be able to post as often going forward as I have been doing for the  last year.  I feel really bad about that.  I love posting stuff to this site for you to read.  I just need to find a way to get paid to do this.  If you by any chance happen to be an editor for a newspaper that is looking for it's very own nerd blog, or work for a radio station looking for a good nerd show, drop me a line.  I'd love to talk to you.

 

- Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment