Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Long Beach Comic Con Is This Weekend

Yes, another big Southern California Comic Convention.  This one might actually contain comics though.

 

For those of you living in Southern California, be sure to head out to Long Beach this weekend as the First Annual Long Beach Comic Con is taking place at the Long Beach Convention center from October 2nd through the 4th.  Think of it like a smaller version of the San Diego Comic Con, but this one might actually have some actual comic books on the sales floor.  Oh hand will be tons of writers, artists and editors from the comics industry including the likes of Stan "The Man" lee, Jeph Loeb, Scott Lobdell, Rob "Can't Draw Feet" Liefield, Geoff Johns, Mark Waid and many more.

 

There's also going to be a big exhibit hall with vendors selling all sorts of stuff we nerds love like toys, t-shirts, collectibles and god knows what else.  Nintendo will also be on hand with a large booth on the floor which is sure to be showcasing a number of upcoming games.  There will also be some special movie screenings going on at the con, including the upcoming horror film Trick R' Treat (which I can't wait to see) and Thomas Jane's new detective film Give 'em Hell Malone.

 

Somehow, I've managed to convince the lovely people who are putting on the convention that I'm actually a real journalist and have snagged myself a press pass for the event (yay perks for running this site, over a year later I finally get one), so you can be sure I'll be covering the goings on at the convention as best I can, much in the same way I have before for the SD Comic Con and Wonder Con up in San Francisco.  I'll be wandering the sales floor and taking photos and sneaking into some of the panels upstairs if I can.  I'll be back with a full rundown of the event early next week.

 

If you plan on going to the convention, email me or leave a comment in this post and maybe we can get an impromptu Geek-tastic gathering going.  Long Beach is a great city with a great many bars.  I'm sure we can all share a pint somewhere nearby and talk comics and other nerdiness. 

 

I hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment