Monday, September 21, 2009

Dr. Horrible Takes Over The Emmy's

 

 

I hate awards shows with a mad and burning passion, so it can safely be assumed that I was not watching the Emmy's when this little bit of glory actually aired on TV.  However, we thankfully live in the age of the internets now and I can ejoy every second of this amazing clip without having had to sit through hour after hour of red carpet coverage, badly written presenter comedy and long and droning speeches that make up every award show ever.

 

Have I said lately how much I love the internet?

 

Anyways, what we have here is a short little clip in which Dr. Horrible temporarily takes over the Emmy's Award Show.  The bit was done due both to the fact that the internet-only series was actually nominated for an Emmy, and that Dr. Horrible himself (aka Neil Patrick Harris) was the show's host.

 

As awesome as NPH is though, I have to give major credit to Nathan Fillion for really stealing the show here.  Nathan (aka Captain Hammer, Mal, Captain Tightpants, etc.) plays the stumbling and bumbling hero to perfection here.  Every second in which he's speaking is pure comic gold.  Also, brief cameos by Felicia Day (Penny) and Simon Helberg (Moist) round out the clip and make me wish that a full length feature film of Dr. Horrible was a reality.

 

As I said, I don't watch award shows, but I'm willing to bet good money that this clip was the coolest thing to happen on any award show in at least the last ten years.  When are we getting a real Dr. Horrible sequel damnit!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment