Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The GI Joe Team Has Never Looked So Stylish

Why oh why wasn't Sgt. Slaughter in the GI Joe movie?  It's such a travesty.

I absolutely love that Major Bludd is yelling COBRAAAAAAAA! 

 

These super cool retro-styled GI Joe and Cobra posters were created by illustrator Dave Perillo, and hot damn if they aren't the coolest things I've seen all week.  If any of these images were put onto a t-shirt, I'd buy it in a second.

 

Also, these two posters alone are about a billion times cooler than anything that happened in the GI Joe live-action movie.  I wish the film had been an animated feature with this style of art.  I would have loved the crap out of that film.

 

I'm not sure which of the characters shown are my favorite.  The Baronness and Scarlett look gorgous, but Zartan's master of disguise outfit is just too damned hilarious and Firefly looks so cute holding his little pack of dynamite.  Oh, who am I kidding.  My favorite is the Baronness.  She's always my favorite.

 

(Via IO9)

2 comments:

  1. I want to learn how to sew and do screen printing so that I can make my own shirts-- and my designs would include random pictures like these. Oh, and a girl Star Trek shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the way they mirror each other. But the Cobra one is the best!

    ReplyDelete