Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trekkies Revile The New Star Trek Film For Being "Entertaining" and "Watchable"

 



 

The above video is from The Onion, which if you're unfamiliar with is a fake humor news site that originally started as a fake newspaper but has expanded to fake video news segments as well.

 

I caught this hilarious video this morning and I just had to share it.  In the video, the new anchors discuss how die hard Star Trek fans hate the new film for being enjoyable and entertaining and for having a cast of attractive young people doing exciting things instead of being about boring interstellar diplomacy and filled with out of shape aging actors like Star Trek films should be.

 

Yes, this is slightly making fun of Star Trek fans, but it's not doing it in a mean or spiteful way so I thought it would be ok to share.  Also, it's more making fun of Star Trek itself than it is the fans.  Plus, we all need to be able to laugh at ourselves every once in a while, and this definitely made me laugh a little at myself and my nerdy love for boring stories involving groups of people sitting around long tables discussing galactic politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment