Friday, May 1, 2009

The First Trailer For District Nine Is Out



 

I'll be honest, I haven't heard a lot about District Nine so far.  Other than some amusing signs by the bathrooms at last years SD Comic Con, and the occasional web rumor here and there, I haven't really found out anything about the film, or what it's about.

 

Now that I have seen the first trailer though, I must say I'm incredibly suprised.  And I mean that in the happiest way.  In a summer full of sequels or prequels or franchise reboots, I've been bemoaning lately the lack of original stories that we get to see during the summer months.  District Nine looks like it may just be the answer to my prayers. 

 

I looks like it's going to be an all new kind of alien Sci-fi film that focuses on intelligent subject matter instead of just showing one big explosion after another.  Of course, this means the film is probably doomed to failure, but as far as I'm concerned, it's just been placed near the very top of the list of must see films for me this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment