Friday, May 29, 2009

Guess Who's Coming To The Dollhouse

dollhouse



 

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Joss Whedon mentioned that he's currently trying to find a way to get actress Summer Glau into his TV show Dollhouse.  But she wouldn't be just another mind wiped agent on the show.

"Summer would be perfect to play an active, but she's done that [type of role] a lot," Whedon told Entertainment Weekly. "I'd rather see her play someone who talks too much. The most fun I have is when I get somebody who's good and comfortable at doing something, and then I make them do something else. Summer said to me, 'I would like to play a normal girl before I die of extreme old age.'"

 
Whedon has wanted to bring Glau into the fold since before her last series, Fox's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, was canceled. "If anybody thinks [bringing Summer onto Dollhouse] hasn't occurred to me already, then they have not met me," he says. "I mentioned it to her before [SCC] was canceled. I was like, 'You know, we should get you in the 'house.' But first we have to come up with something that works." Dollhouse returns in the fall.

 

Personally, I'm still really upset that the Sarah Connor Chronicles were cancelled. As cool as it may be to have Summer Glau show up on Dollhouse, I would have far more preferred to have her get a third season as the female Terminator badass that was her role as Cameron. Oh well, I just that's just my fate though, to always want what I can't have.

 

It would be interesting though to see her play a normal character for once.  As an actress, she has definitely been type-casted as the quirky oddball character.  Seeing her play normal for once would be a good change for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment