Thursday, May 28, 2009

Archie's Getting Married. Does Anyone Really Care?

archie

 

Does anyone actually still read Archie comics anymore?  My guess would have been no, but apparently I'm wrong because I'm seeing this reported everywhere online this morning.

 

After decades of debate over who he would finally choose, Betty or Veronica, it appears that Archie Andrews has finally made his choice.  He's going with the dark haired, bitchy rich girl over the stereotypical blonde haired all American girl.  I can't say that I blame him.  You just know that marrying Betty is a totally whiny and co-dependent girl who would never give Archie even five minutes to himself.  Veronica, on the other hand, will simply use him as arm candy to parade about.  Meanwhile, Archie will be able to live a life of luxury with her wealth.  I'm sure he'll be hitting up those Asian massage parlors in Riverdale rather regularly.  Or maybe he'll still be sneaking around with Betty on the side.  Who knows.

 

Not that any of this really matters anyways.  Note that this is issue #600 of the Archie comics.  I'm sure when issue #666 comes around, much like Peter Parker before him, Archie will have to make some sort of deal with Mephisto and the world's memory of his marriage to Veronica will be totally wiped clean in the "Archie: One More Day" storyline.

 

If things even get that far, which I doubt. I bet you five dollars that Veronica leaves Archie at the Altar for some handsome poolboy named Bruno or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment