Friday, May 22, 2009

Cormac McCarthy's The Road Looks Apocalyptically Great

 

 

I loves me a good post apocalyptic film.  Hell I even liked I Am Legend despite the truly crappy CG vampire things.  I don't know what it is, but something about people trying to survive in a world that has been destroyed always entertains me.

 

This new trailer for The Road, based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy, looks like it will definitely have that perfect destroyed world feel that I love so much too.  It's about a father and his son who are trying to travel down the east cost of the US a few years after some major disaster has destroyed all of civilization.  Buildings are destroyed, no people are around, and everything generally looks pretty crappy.  But then the duo find some fellow survivors, and they don't look too nice at all.  In fact, I believe they intend to kill them. 

 

Plus, the film stars Viggo Mortensen who is pretty much always amazing.  This looks like it could be really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment