Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're Going To Be Waiting A Long Time To See The Avengers Movies

 

marvel

 

Can't wait to see all of those Avengers films Marvel Studios has been talking about since last summer?  Well, you'd better grab yourself a seat and something to keep you entertained for a while, because it's going to be a long, long wait until we get to see Captain America or Thor on the big screen.

 

Marvel has announced this week that they are pushing back the release dates for all of the individual superhero films that will be leading up to their Avengers movie.  Oh, and of course Avengers is being delayed as well.  Marvel says that the move "was designed to maximize the visibility of its single-character superhero films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character Avengers."

 

So here's how things break down now:

 

 

  • Thor moves to June 17, 2011, from its original July 16, 2010, release date.


 



  • The First Avenger: Captain America is pushed back to July 22, 2011 from May 6, 2011.


 



  • The Avengers gets a new release date of May 4, 2012, from July 15, 2011.


 

 

In related Marvel news, the release of Iron Man 2 has not been delayed.  That film is currently still on track to be released on May 6, 2011.

 

And for anyone who still cares after the "so god awful bad it made my eyes bleed" Spider-man 3 debacle...Spider-man 4 is still on track to be released on May 7, 2010.  While I am aware it is technically possible to make a film worse than Spider-man 3, I am going to go try to remain positive and am going to side with the belief that it would be so hard to top the high level of crappiness that was Spider-man 3 that almost by default Spider-man 4 will have to be better.  I know I'm probably just getting my hopes up only so they will be dashed once again as I walk out of the movie theater crying over the poor fate of my childhood hero, but hey, it's what I always do. 

 

I'm a sucker for stuff like that.  Personally, I'm still waiting for official word on Pirates of the Caribbean 4.  I want a whole film about Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa bickering like an old married couple.  A film in which we never even mention the names of Orlando Bloom's and Kiera Knightly's characters ever again.  That would make me super happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment