Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear God, Make The Pain Stop

spidey

 

This is the poster for the upcoming Spider-man broadway musical.  Yes, you read that right.  A stage play...a musical...based on everyone's favorite wall crawler.  The title of the play is Spider-man: Turn Off The Dark, which is possibly the stupidest name I've ever heard.  Just how, pray tell, does one turn off the dark?  Dark doesn't have an on and off switch.  Only light does.  If you don't want dark, you make light.  So technically, the name of the play should be Spider-man: Turn On The Lights which doesn't really sound cool at all, does it?

 

The play is being put together by the same people who adapted Disney's The Lion King for the stage, and the music is being provided by Bono and The Edge from U2.  Now I can't help but wondering if Peter Parker is going to be swinging around on stage singing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

 

I'm sorry, but writing about this is making my brain hurt too much.  I know it's only 8:30 in the morning, but I need to go pour myself a tall glass of whiskey right now to make the pain go away.  It's going to be one of those days today, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment