Thursday, March 26, 2009

Heroes Only Wishes It Was This Good



 

As I've mentioned before, I am officially boycotting the show Heroes from now on due to its overall crappiness mixed with its tendency to insult its fans.  This has left me though with a need for good superhero stories that needs filling.  It was during my search for such entertainment that I found this awesome little short film.

 

It's a Dutch made film called Nemesis, and its about a million times cooler than Heroes could ever hope to be.

 

Since the film is Dutch made, it is subtitled.  I know that's a problem with some people, but please don't let that deter you from this.  It's a great film that all comic book fans should see.  The story centers around a character who has spent his whole life wishing for superpowers.  One day, he decides to post up an ad seeking a nemesis that he can have a feud with.  A man calls him back and offers his services, and from there the story goes on.

 

What I love about this film is how genuine it is.  You can honestly feel that this was made by fans of comics.  And in only 8 minutes this little film produced characters that are more likeable, a story more imaginative, situations that are more relatable to the viewer, and a viewing experience that is generally more enjoyable than anything Heroes has produced in three whole seasons of television.

 

And when it was over, I didn't feel like I had just wasted my time, which has been a nagging feeling I've had after every episode of Heroes I've watched since the start of season two (and even sometimes in season one).

 

Maybe NBC should hire the writers of this and let them write the next season of Heroes.  Afterall, there's no way they could do a worse job than the people who are currently writing that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment