Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Most Pimping-est Thing You'll See Today

lando

 

This has got to be the coolest damn thing I'll see all day today.  I may as well just go back to bed at this point.  The rest of this day is all downhill from here.

 

This absolutely insanely cool painting of the galaxy's smoothest ladies man was created by an artist by the name of Alex Leighton.  It's part of a series of small sized paintings about different pop culture characters that the artist is selling online.  This paintings are currently selling for $45 each and there are a bunch of amazing pieces to see. 

 

You can see all of the pictures here.

 

Aside from slew of great Star Wars paintings (including such characterss as Grand Moff Tarkin and Admiral "It's a Trap" Ackbar), Mr. Leighton also paints other such great geek properties as TMNT, He-Man, Transformers, and even some old-school WWF Wrestlers.

 

The paintings are all so brightly colored and cartoony and cute that I can't help but want to own them all.  I wish I had a ton of spare cash lying around that I could just plop down to claim these beautiful little gems of geekyness.  At the very least, to own the full set of four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles paintings would be awesome.  But alas, that requires spending $180...and while I may be rich with love in my life, I am definitely not rich with cash.

 

Of course, we here at  Geek-tastic are always willing to accept donations towards the "Get Patrick Some Kickass Schwag" fund.

 

(Via GeekDad)

No comments:

Post a Comment