Friday, March 20, 2009

The Ghostbusters vs. Jesus Christ

jc

 

I found this lovely little painting while wandering around over at /film and got a good laugh out of it, so I had to share with you.  Here we see Egon, Ray and Venkman as they try to capture the spirit of good ol' JC as he attempts to ascend up up heaven.  Apparently, this is an adaptation of an earlier photoshop work that was posted online a few years ago, but which I had never seen before today.  Here's that original piece.

 

jc2

 

I'm not sure which piece I like more.  While I love the colors and the vertical layout of the first painting, there's just something about the second piece that I really l0ve a lot.  Maybe it's just the idea of the ghostbusters trying to trap Jesus in plain view of a bunch of his followers that makes the whole thing that much funnier in my opinion.

 

Which one do you like more?  Or, do you just think I'm going to hell for finding these funny in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment