Monday, March 30, 2009

Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds



 

Quentin Tarantino has been talking about his idea for a war movie, which he called Inglourious Basterds, for years now.  He first mentioned his idea for the film back in 2001, saying if the film that it was, "my bunch-of-guys-on-a-mission film. My Dirty Dozen or Where Eagles Dare or Guns of Navarone kind of thing.

 

Now I know that typically, war films (especially WWII films) are not considered geeky.  But this is Quentin Tarantino, whom I think we can all agree has made a number of geek loved films.  So I feel like this film should be mentioned here.

 

Also, while the film may in fact be a WWII film, it is supposed to be heavily influenced by classic spaghetti western films such as the old Clint Eastwood Man With No Name films and is actually shot in that style.  The premise and the concept sound interesting to me.  And the above trailer certainly does look like it will be an interesting film.  The only thing I'm really not liking right now is Brad Pitt's really bad accent.  Hopefully, it won't distract too much from the rest of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment