Thursday, March 5, 2009

Maybe If I Smell Like Captain Kirk I Too Can Bag An Orion Slave Girl

 

tiberius

 

Over the years, the Star Trek franchise has spawned an endless amount of merchandising tie-ins.  Everything from dolls to clothing to jewelrey to model ships to toys to christmas ornaments and so much more has been made over the last 40 years or so.  Some of the tie-ins have been awesome, some have been odd.  This new one though, is downright the strangest one I think I've ever seen.

 

Star Trek Fragrances are a brand new line of male colognes that are based on Star Trek characters from the original 1960's TV series.  They are brought to us by a company called Genki Wear and there are three different colognes in the line.  Tiberius (pictured above) is based on James Tiberius Kirk.  There is also a Spock cologne named Pon Farr (the name of the Vulcan mating ritual) and one, suprisingly, named after the random Red Shirt guy who dies in every episode.  The tag line for that one, and I swear I'm not making this up, is "Because tomorrow may never come."

 

redshirt

 

Genius.  Pure genius I tell you.  I hope that these sell well and the marking god who created them is properly rewarded for his amazing contribution to mankind.  Sadly, no picture of the Spock cologne was included with the article.  Trust me, I went looking online for it.

 

Here's the description that is provided for Tiberius:

 
Tiberius
The Tiberius cologne, named in honor of the Mirror Universe James T. Kirk’s challenges users to "Boldly Go" with a perfume described as being spiked with "notes of freshness and sensuality." According to Genki Wear, the perfume has sweet citron zest, black pepper, and cedar as its top notes (top notes refers to those scents that are noticeable first) and warm vanilla, white musk, and sandalwood as its base notes (scents perceived last, usually about a half hour after application). Genki Wear promises that "Tiberius Cologne for men is difficult to define and impossible to refuse" which is also a pretty good description of the Mirror Kirk himself.

 

Wow.  Just...wow.  I'll admit it though, the complete strangeness of this product has me really curious as to what the Kirk cologne smells like.  I may just have to go out and buy a bottle and try it out before heading out for a night on the town.  If I get lucky with any green skinned women, I'll be sure to let you all know.

 

The colognes are going to sell for between $30 to $40 each, depending on where you buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment