Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Terminator Salvation Trailer

 

 

Yesterday, the internets was all abuzz with a leaked Japanese version of a new Terminator Salvation trailer.  I chose not to post it because:

 

1.  There were annoying Japanese subtitles that were way too big.

2.  The trailer didn't make a whole lot of sense.

3.  I figured an American version would be released in the next day or two, so I may as well be patient.

 

Well, it looks like I was right on that last part.  Less than a day later, here's the subtitle free, slightly more understandable american trailer for Terminator Salvation!  Now don't get me wrong here, the film looks like it'll be fun and all.  I mean, who doesn't enjoy watching big scary robots killing people, right?  But one thing in the trailer really bugs me.  Christian Bale's voice.

 

This is the same issue I had with the Dark Knight.  Why the hell is Christian Bale delivering all of his lines in a half growl/half whisper?  Does he think it will make him sound like more of a badass if he speaks like a 60 year old chain smoker who's ruptured their vocal cords?  Why can't he just speak like a normal person?  His whisper delivery is distracting and annoying.  Is this going to be a regular thing with him going forward?

 

I will at least say this though.  Bale's delivery of the line from the Dark Knight where he says, "I'm not wearing hockey pants!!!" to the group of Bat-wannabes at the beginning of the film is flipping hilarious!  So at the very least Bale's voice is good for comic relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment