Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best News You'll Hear Today



 

I've mentioned before how I'm a bit worried about Tim Burton's upcoming film adaptation of Alice In Wonderland. Specifically, I'm worried that he'll turn Wonderland into the same dark, gothic, Halloweentown setting he pretty much uses in all of his films.

 

Well, even if that happens and the film totally sucks balls, there will still be one thing I'm excited about. Alan Rickman will be the voice of the Caterpillar!

 

The caterpillar is pretty much my favorite character from Alice In Wonderland.  He's snarky, condescending and arrogant and his hookah pipe always fascinated me as a kid.  I'm also a huge fan of Alan Rickman.  If there's any actor out there who can totally nail the required amounts of sarcasm and arrogant condescension required to play the caterpillar, it's Rickman.  His voice is perfect for the character.

 

If nothing else about this film is good at all, I'm still going to absolutely love any scene Rickman's Caterpillar is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment