Friday, December 12, 2008

Geek Item Of The Week

 

 

Shakespeare Bust With A Hidden Switch Under The Head

 

This is by far the coolest thing I've listed thus far on Geek Item of the Week!  For as long as I can remember I've wanted one of these.  Having grown up watching the old 60's Batman TV show, I always thought that Bruce Wayne's entrance to the Batcave was just about the most awesomest thing ever.  He would flip the head back on his Shakespeare bust, hit the button, the wall would slide back revealing two firemen's poles, he'd grab onto a pole and slide down into the Batcave fully suited up and ready for action.

 

Long have I dreamed about having something like that in my house.  I've actually talked about this with friends for years, that one day I would own a house that had such a switch that would reveal a firemen's pole down to the garage where I can get in my car and drive away.  Now someone is making exactly the bust that I need.

 

The downside is it's a little pricey ($315), but if you have the cash it's totally worth it.  Even if you don't use it for what I'd use it for, the thing has so many possible uses.  It can be hooked up to anything you want it to.  You could make the switch in Shakespeare's neck turn on the lights in the room, turn on a fireplace, turn on the TV, whatever you want!

 

One day, this will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine!

 

(Via BoingBoing)

No comments:

Post a Comment