Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Land Of The Lost

land-of-the-lost

 

Over the weekend I headed out to the movies.  I didn't really see anything particularly geeky while there, so I won't be reviewing anything this week.  However, while at the theater I did see this totally awesome poster for the movie version of Land of the Lost that is coming out next June.

 

I can't help but look forward to this movie.  I grew up watching the Land of the Lost on TV.  It's a guilty pleasure, I know.  The show was so horribly awful and  cheesy it went past the point of being bad and went all the way to hilariously awesome. 

 

To a 6 or 7 year old Pat, this show had it all.  Action and adventure, stop motion dinosaurs, dudes in cheap Sleestak costumes.  It really did make for good times.  For those of you who never watched the show show from the 70's, you can learn about it here. Yes, there was a remake of the show in the 90's, but that show was crap. Let us never speak of it again.

 

The show's intro is an absolute gem all by itself.  Just watch it yourself if you don't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment