Monday, July 20, 2009

Sorry Mario, But The Princess Is . . . An 80's Punk Rocker

 Princess Zelda has always been my favorite Nintendo Princess.  All Peach ever does is get kidnapped.  At least Zelda knows how to fight.

 

I absolutely love this image of three of video gaming's greatest heroines all done up as 1980's style Punk Rockers.  There's just something so over-the-top about it that I can't help but enjoy.  Pictured above are Princess Peach, Princess Zelda and Samus Aran from Metroid. 

 

Of course, Princess Zelda is my favorite of the three.  I fully admit though that it's just because I have a thing for brunettes, plus the Legend of Zelda has always been my favorite classic NES game series.  I have to give major props though to Princess Peach, whom I think looks cooler here than in any other image of her I've ever seen.  The fact that she has such a large tattoo of Bowser is awesome.

 

If Nintendo were to make a cartoon in which these ladies looked like this and got into adventures together, I would watch it every week.  And then, just once, they would totally have to do a crossover episode with that other 80's punk rocker Jem.  That would be one of the finest half hours in animation history as far as I'm concerned.

 

The image itself was created by an amazing artist named Assim Heetun.  You really should check out his site because it features some really great pieces, like this amazing Star Trek piece.

 

Oh so hot!  And I love that she's riding the new USS Enterprise from the movie.

 

Click on the image to see the full sized version of it.

 

His art covers a range of things both geeky and non geeky.  On the geek side of things, be sure to check out his pieces on Street Fighter, Team Fortress 2, and Zombie Pac Man.  It's all great stuff.

 

(Via Geekologie)

No comments:

Post a Comment