Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Legend of Neil Returns Next Monday! (UPDATED)

I love how ridiculously cheap all of the dungeon sets look.  It just adds to the show's charm.

 

UPDATE:  Ok, so apparently I'm an idiot and I cant' read properly.  It turns out that season 2 of Legend of Neil won't premier until Monday, July 27th.  I know, I'm sad too.  Now I have to wait one more week for my low budget Legend of Zelda fix.  I'm very sorry.  If you see me at Comic Con this week, feel free to slap me.       - Patrick

 

Oh hell yeah!!!

 

It's been far too long since we last followed the adventures of Neil, that lovable drunk who enjoys auto-erotic asphyxiation with NES controllers, as he journeys through the strange (and as it turns out, rather annoying) world of Legend of Zelda.  The Legend of Neil was by far my favorite web series of last year, and I've been dying for more of it.  Happily, the wait is finally over because next Monday the second season of the show will hit the web.

 

The fine folks over at IO9 have put up a small gallery of photos from the new episodes, and if they're any indication at all of what to expect from the new season, we're in for a real treat.  Pictured above you can see Neil, relaxing after what must have been a glorious victory over some mummies and contemplating whether or not to drink this strange red liquid one of the mummies has left behind.  Be sure to check out the gallery for what appears to be Moblins with bows and arrows, Neil in a swanky white outfit, and my personal favorite . . . Neil buying the blue candle from a shop keeper. 

 

I can't wait to see what Neil does with the blue candle.  The moment he figures out he can burn trees with the candle, he's going to be so happy.  However, when he finds out two seconds later that the candle only works on certain trees he's going to go insane.  It's going to be great.

 

If you missed the first season of Legend of Neil and have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, shame on you.  You're missing out on one of the greatest web series' ever.  Go here right now and catch up on all of the episodes from the first season.  You're going to love it, trust me.

 

And I will most definitely have the first episode of the new series here for you to view on Monday night, so be sure to check back.

 

Personally, I'm hoping there's more of the crazy, codependent, nympho fairy that was played by Felicia Day in the first season.  I love that character.  Plus, more Felicia Day in anything is always a good thing.

 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Felicia Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment