Monday, August 31, 2009

Fido. A Film About Your Very Own Pet Zombie

 

 

I'm really digging this trailer for a new zombie movie coming out called Fido.  Yeah, I know that zombie films are a dime a dozen nowadays, but this one has a couple of cool things going for it.

 

1.)  It's a zombie comedy, and aside from Shaun of the Dead and the upcoming Zombieland and a few other films, zombie comedies are usually few and far between. 

 

2.)  It takes place in the 1950's.  Most zombie films are modern affairs.  It's rare to see a period piece zombie film, and this film is just that.  It has that total 50's kitsh feel right down to the bright colors, the retro clothes and the stylized suburban neighborhood. 

 

3.)  It stars Carrie Anne Moss, whom you may recall as Trinity from The Matrix.  This may just be a personal thing with me, but Trinity wearing cool 50's dresses and bright red make up is super hot.  She's got an almost rockabilly look to her.  I love it.

 

Yowza!



 

Many thanks go out to my good friend and faithful Geek-tastic reader Billie Galvan for pointing this out to me.

2 comments:

  1. Um. Did I miss something here? This movie has already been out. I just watched it the other night on my Netflix instant playlist (via my Xbox360 Live account). It was a lot of fun, but the film is a good 1 or 2 years old. However, I highly recommend it! You'd love it the most Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I like the way you think. Personally, I think this movie has all the right things going for it. Amazing cast, great cinematography, unique premises and lots of laughs. I think it's great to see a zombie-apocalypse movie where humanity is improved as a result. What would you do with your own zombie servant? I'd get him to fold laundry. I have laundry.

    I also got the chance to review this movie on my Horror Movie Review blog. Take a look if you get a chance, I can always use some feedback from another critic.

    http://horrormoviemedication.blogspot.com/2013/03/fido-zombie-is-mans-best-friend.html

    ReplyDelete