Monday, August 3, 2009

And Now You Know . . . .

I'm suprised that in all of the complaining that both I and every other nerd blogger in the world are doing about how crappy the GI Joe film is going to be, not one of us has mentioned the fact that they probably won't be shooting lasers in the film.  Talk about being unfaithful to the source material.

 

Ok, so with the last of my major Comic Con posts finally finished and posted, we now return you to your regularly scheduled nerd blog.  There might still be one or two more smaller Con related posts coming in the near future, but they'll be more of a "last thoughts" kind of thing and will be a bit shorter than the last few posts here at the site have been.

 

Speaking of the longer articles, I'm curious as to what you all thought of those.  Did you like them better than my typical, shorter posts?  Were they too long?  Did you hate them?  Is my writing style as crappy as I sometimes fear it might be?  I'd love to hear your opinions on the topic.

 

Also, the next Geek-tastic podcast is coming soon and will have a bit of post con stuff as well as some other cool tidbits.  More on that later though.

 

For now, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the above pie chart.  As I'm sure you remember, I do love pie charts.

 

Now, finally, after all these years . . . they finally tell us what the other half of battle is.  I've always wondered, and I know I'm not alone.  If Knowing is half the battle, what's the other half?  I'd always assumed it was brutually killing or maiming your opponents with superior firepower and combat tactics, but I guess I was wrong.  Turns out it's all about the lasers. 

 

In hindsight, it really is obvious I guess.  I should have known better.

 

(Via Comic Book Resources)

No comments:

Post a Comment