Thursday, August 20, 2009

Clone Wars Season 2 May Actually Feel More Like Star Wars

 

 

I know, I don't believe it either.

 

Ok, to be fair I really did like season one of the Clone Wars series overall.  Admittedly, it was a little hit or miss at times with some truly horrible episodes sprinkled in here or there (example: any episode with Jar Jar in it for more than five seconds).  I must say though that the series also had some true gems hidden in it as well.  The Kit Fisto episode where he invades General Grevious' lair was amazing, and the three part series near the end of the season which featured Mace Windu leading an attack to liberate the planet of Ryloth was downright awesome.

 

While the bitter and jaded nerd that I am can and always will find something to complain about, I will admit that I am happier that the show has been made at all more than I am ashamed of it's bad moment.  With that said, let me then say that it is with much hope that I look forward to the second season of Clone Wars in hopes that we'll see more of the good stuff and less of the bad.  If this new trailer is anything to go off of, that may just be what we're getting too.

 

If this trailer is indicative of what we have in store this season, it looks like the show is undergoing a bit of a shift in storytelling and style.  It looks a bit darker, a bit more violent, a bit more like . . . classic Star Wars.  If this is true, then I'm going to be a very happy man.  Even Obi-wan's and Anakin's friendly banter seems like it's feeling more like Episode IV than Episode II.  My theory is that as the show goes on, Lucas himself has less and less direct involvement in the stories and scripts of the episodes, therefore they're bound to get better as time goes by.  Let's just hope I'm right.  In the right hands, Star Wars still has the power to be an incredible storytelling vehicle.  We've just learned by now that those hands don't belong to George Lucas anymore.

 

Also, it's about damn time that Obi-wan Kenobi gets a love interest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment