Monday, February 23, 2009

The GT Podcast: Episode 03 - Podcasting With A Vengence

 ozzy

 

After many delays and setbacks while editing, the third episode of the Geek-tastic Podcast is finally finished and is ready for your listening pleasure.

 

 

You can stream the podcast live by clicking here.

 

OR



You can download an MP3 of the podcast by clicking here.

 

 

In this episode of the podcast, your intrepid hosts Pat and Matt are joined by special guest Robert Magness. Robert is an aspiring writer and director whose name will become known worldwide in the near future. Of this I am certain. So take note of him and remember this podcast so that one day you will be able to say you knew about him before he became "known".

 

As usual, we cover a few geeky news items in the podcast, but the vast majority of the time is spent in deep discussion of Zack Snyder's film adaptation of Alan Moore's classic comic book series The Watchmen. Matt, Robert and myself were lucky enough to make it into a special early screening of The Watchmen and now we're here to dish out our opinions on the film as well as our thoughts on how it compares to the comics.

 

Be warned though, the Watchmen discussion is filled with MASSIVE SPOILERS about the film and it is highly suggested that you don't listen to that portion of the podcast until you've seen the film. A spoiler warning will be given as the conversation starts though, so feel free to listen to the rest of the podcast even if you haven't seen the film yet.

 

With that said, here's a handy dandy list of show notes and links to things we discuss during the podcast.

 

SHOW NOTES


 

 

And for anyone who may be curious as to what the Geek-tastic Podcast studio looks like, here's how things look on my end. 

 

p10108151

 

This image comes from deep inside my secret layer known as The Patcave (aka my tiny ass apartment).  It was taken immediately after we finished recordng this episode of the podcast.  I swear that I didn't do anything at all to set this shot up.  I got up from my chair after hanging up and ending recording, wandered into the kitchen to get a drink and as I walked back to the desk it dawned on me how horribly nerdy my desk looked just then. 

 

So, of course, being the historically minded nerd that I am, I had to document this moment in my nerdy life and preserve it for future mocking from my friends and family.

 

Pop quiz:  Who can name the five totally geeky things seen in this image?  The tech and equipment don't count, but the images on the monitors do.  That's your only hint.  Bonus points go to anyone who can name what is being shown in the monitor on the left.

 

Sadly, my Appa mousepad didn't make it completely into the shot.  You can just barely see a part of his head and one horn on the far left side of the image.  Appa, of course, is the flying Bison from Avatar: The Last Airbender.  I got the mousepad at the San Diego Comic Con two years ago.  I had to complete a scavenger hunt to get him that involved running all over the busy sales floor and collecting stickers from different vendors booths.  It was actually a lot of fun, and the mousepad was a totally awesome prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment