Thursday, February 12, 2009

But I Thought You Could Sell Anything On Ebay

Please support the eBay strike by Linda Gavin.

 

Apparently I was wrong.

 

Wired has an amusing article up that looks at some of the things the online auction site Ebay has banned from being sold through its services.  The list has some rather interesting items on it.  For example, you cannot sell any of the following on ebay:

 

  • Bongs or any other form of drug paraphernalia.

  • Your virginity (and I'm guessing any other kinds of sex acts too).

  • Any form of Government ID.

  • Barack Obama's senate seat.

  • The planet Pluto.

  • Your Children (or any other people for that matter).

  • 200 year old Mummies.

  • Your soul.

  • Any DVD player that allows the user to disable region coding.


 

I thought the whole point of Ebay was the ability to sell absolutely anything online.  If they're banning all sorts of stuff like that, where else am I supposed to sell my werehouse full of crack pipes?  Well, I guess there's always craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment