Friday, August 19, 2011

Wanna Watch Ghost Rider Pee Fire?


Yeah, me neither? But you totally can if you watch this trailer for the upcoming sequel to the first Ghost Rider film (that I'm still trying to drive the memories of from my brain) and see it for yourself. There he is, Ghost Rider . . . peeing fire.

And this will make people want to go see this film why exactly?

How a sequel to the giant crapfest that was the first Ghost Rider film got greenlit is beyond me. It's not like the first film was a boon at the box office. It had a budget of $110 Million, and only raked in $115 Million in the US (according to BoxOfficeMojo.com). Yeah, it made $228 Million total worldwide so I guess that qualifies as enough money to warrant a sequel, but has anyone thought of the emotional cost of making another Ghost Rider film starring Nic Cage? Those have to be high enough to stop another film from being made, right?

The first film was so, so bad. It was painful to watch. While I will admit that some of the stuff in this trailer does look pretty cool, I don't think it's enough to make me remember the 2 hours of mental anguish I went through sitting through the first one. Maybe one night when I'm drunk and really bored I'll put this on if Netflix has it available on it's instant play feature. That'll be about it though.

1 comment:

  1. So...what happens when GR has to do a #2, instead of a #1, when he's on fire?

    I'd sure hate to be the janitor to have to clean up after THAT!

    ReplyDelete