Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Hai Batman and Bane



For a film that is being said to be super secretive, there certainly have been a ton of new set pics leaking from the in-production The Dark Knight Rises this week. While the leaked set pics aren't giving away any major plot spoilers, they are definitely revealing some big information and are giving us our first good glimpse at Batman squaring off with the film's main villain, the big bald druggie Bane.

Seen above is one of the pics from that fight scene. To see a ton more set pics, go HERE.

The other big reveal from this recent slew of pics is that we finally get to see what Bane's costume is going to be in the last of the Nolan led Bat films. Here's what the big bad's costume looks like:


Is it just me, or is that a bit underwhelming? I mean, I understand that there was no way that Christopher Nolan was going to make Bane look exactly like he does in the comic books, but couldn't we at least get something that looks even a little bit like this?


That's not such a bad outfit, is it? I'm sure there must have been a way to make that look decent on screen. I know I should have faith in Christopher Nolan. The last two Bat films have been nothing short of amazing and that does earn him a lot of credit as far as I'm concerned, but I can't help but feel that the outfit they've gone with has Bane looking like some sort of hobo with a major respiratory problem.

Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I prefer my comic book movie villains to not look like they have a giant asthma inhaler permanently attached to their face. Perhaps that's just me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment