Monday, April 5, 2010

The Bounty Hunters Return To Star Wars: Clone Wars


Aside from Resident Evil: Afterlife, the other really cool panel I hit at Wonder Con over the weekend was the Star Wars: Clone Wars panel.  If you've been keeping up with the show at all this season, you already know that they've been consistently putting out some amazing Star Wars material.  I'd even go so far as to say that the Clone Wars series has been the single greatest thing to come out of the Prequel Trilogy.


During the panel, they showed us the above trailer for the three-part season finale.  It involves the return of Boba Fett and his quest for vengence against the jedi for the death of his father at the hands of Mace "Badass Mofo" Windu.  I will admit it, when I first heard they were bringing a teenage Boba Fett into the show, I was a little worried.  Ok, a lot worried.


I tend to hate kid characters in TV and Film.  They usually are rather boring, are badly acted, and almost always fall into what I call the "Anakin Syndrome" from Episode I where their cuteness is expected to make up for the fact that they ruin every scene they are in.  Seeing a young Boba Fett in Episode II wasn't exactly the greatest thing ever, and I was worried that we'd be forced to put up with more of the same with his return.


After attending the panel though, at least some of those fears have been put to rest.  Boba's still a kid, this is true.  He's not a little kid anymore though.  He's a teenager, and a pissed off one at that.  He's been taken in by Jango's old Bounty Hunter friends, and it looks like they're using his hatred of the Jedi to meet their own ends.  They're warping and corrupting him and shaping him into the Badass we all know that he will become.  Hearing some of the cast and crew discuss their goals with this story helped to settle a lot of my nervousness about Boba's return, but it was really the trailer that made me feel ok with it.


The trailer is dark and brooding.  There's some serious action going on in it, and it looks like the Jedi are getting their asses kicked around a lot.  Seeing Slave One is always awesome, but what really sold me was Mace Windu's little speech about Boba watching him as he killed his father.  Am I the only one that got chills listening to that?


While I do still have a few worries about Boba Fett's return, I must say that I'm now much more open to seeing what they do with him.  The crew behind the Clone Wars series have been delivering us top notch Star Wars greatness all season long.  I have no reason to believe they'll let us down now.


Also.  Bossk? Hell Yeah!  Now all we need is Dengar and this party can really get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment