Friday, April 30, 2010

By The Hammer Of . . . . . This Guy

Here it is, our first official look at Marvel's new live-action Thor. That's actor Chris Hemsworth (the guy who played Kirk's dad in the new Star Trek movie) playing the role of the Asgardian god in question. Sure, there's no hammer in the shot, no helmet, and no knee high boots, but damn if this doesn't look pretty impressive.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in being a little worried about how director Kenneth Branagh was going to pull off fitting in a mystical Thunder God from a different dimension (complete with rainbow bridge) into the fairly well established Marvel movie universe. This pic is fairly reassuring though. Thor looks good. He's brooding properly as all disgruntled gods should. His costume is obviously inspired by the comics without looking completely over the top and cartoonish. He's got the required heroic manly stubble. Not too shabby.

Yes, I know that one pic doesn't mean the film will be great. I'm still waiting for a trailer before I'll start really making guesses as to how the film will be. All I'm saying is that this pic makes Thor look pretty damn cool, and that gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment