Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The New And Awesome Clone Wars Trailer

 

 

I finally found an embedable version of the new Clone Wars trailer that is on cartoon network's home page (posted about previously by DanTheMan).

 

Regardless of the misgivings I had about the Clone Wars movie, this new trailer looks fucking amazing.  Sure, it's probably made up of the best bits of the next dozen episodes or so, but it's edited beautifully and it re-captures the amazing feeling that a proper Star Wars show should.  What with the music and the action and the overall awesomeness of the clip, I couldn't help but get all giddy watching it.

 

As for the first episode of the Clone Wars itself, it's going to be an hour long block consisting of two episodes, according to the Sci-fi Wire.

 
The hour-long premiere features two episodes, "Ambush" and "Rising Malevolence." In the first, Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the king of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku and his assassin, Asajj Ventress. In the second segment, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

 

So now I'm all excited for the show to come out.  Damn you trailer editor guy, whoever you are.  Your brilliant work has made me desire something that is most likely only going to let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Truly, truly awesome. Not only is this an amazing trailer (I agree, Pat, kudos to the editor and team), but this got me even more excited. I think it's a mix of loving what I saw in the theater and then seeing how beautiful and well done this looks.
    I can't wait. I hope I'm moved in and have my cable set up by the time this airs.

    ReplyDelete