Friday, June 18, 2010

Moving On Up

I'd like to take a moment if I may to make a quick announcement here about some changes that are going on behind the scenes here at Geek-tastic. Don't worry, I'll be brief.

For almost the past twenty years of my life, I've called Southern California home. I was actually born and raised in Southern California, but there was a short period of a few years during my childhood in which I lived in New York and Florida. However, since 1992 I have lived somewhere in and around the SoCal area. The majority of that time was spent in a city called Temecula, which is an hour north of San Diego. That's where I lived during high school and college. That's where I was when I started attending the San Diego Comic Con. That's the town where I got really into playing RPG's and reading comics and a ton of other nerdy stuff. That's the town, really, where I became the geek I am today.

After Temecula, and after I graduated college, I lived briefly in San Diego before finding a job that brought me up to Orange County, which is where I have resided for the past six years. It's in Orange County that Geek-tastic was born, and where I've lived since the site was born. However, all of that is about to change.

Next week, I'm packing all of my belongings into a large truck and am moving up the the San Francisco Bay area. I've wanted to live up in the Bay Area for well over a decade now, and I was lucky to finally find myself in a position where I could hunt for gainful employment up there. The search went much quicker than I ever imagined it would, and I'm beginning a new job up that way in a few weeks.

How does this affect Geek-tastic, you ask? Well, by living in the Bay Area, I am hoping to find myself much closer to cool nerdy events that I can cover for the site. San Francisco is a much bigger city than Orange County and San Diego. It also has a huge geek population. Between those two, I believe I shall be better able to attend cool events on a more regular basis, and then post them here for you to enjoy.

Sadly, I will be moving farther away from the San Diego Comic Con, but I am still planning on attending that next month. Don't worry about that. I know things have been sporadic here at the site for a few months now. Some of that has been general laziness on my part, but some of it has been me filling my time with job hunting and (more recently) packing and getting ready to move. Once I'm settled into my new place, I'm hoping to get back into posting more regularly here at the site. And yes, I want to do some podcasts as well. Those aren't dead completely yet. They're only mostly dead.

Goodbye Southern California, and hello to San Francisco. I can't wait to get to know you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment