Monday, July 28, 2008

Yet one more reason Eureka is awesome



On Saturday morning, as I was walking through downtown San Diego on my way to the Comic Con, I heard a familiar song.  It took me a second to place it, as I wasn't expecting to hear the song right then and there.  It was the theme song to Eureka, the incredibly brilliant and fun show on the SciFi channel. 

After following the source of the music back a block or so, I finally found it's source.  It was a small ice cream truck parked across the street from the convention center.  The truck was completely painted over with ads for Eureka (as you can see in the pics above).  Curious as to what was going on, I walked up to investigate.

And to my suprise I find the star of the show, Colin Ferguson, handing out free ice cream to everyone.  How incredibly cool is that?  He didn't need to be there.  Ice cream could have been handed out by any random employee of the SciFi network.  But no, the star of the show himself was out there on Saturday morning and handing out free ice cream to the fans.  And he's a really nice guy too.  He was talking with fans and answering questions and taking photos with people.  A class act all the way. 

I was already a big fan of the show, but this just made me an even bigger fan.  I tip my hat to SciFi, and to Mr. Ferguson for being so awesome.

And a reminder, the third season of Eureka starts tomorrow night.  If you haven't seen the show yet, go rent the first season, or buy it from Amazon.  It's a great show.  It's definitely worth a gander.

-Patrick

P.S.  More pics of the van, and a pic of me and Colin can be seen by going to geek-tastic's flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment