Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Set Phasers to Awesome!

New Star Trek Poster New Star Trek Poster

This came out a few days ago, but geek-tastic didn't exist quite yet, so I'm posting on this now.  It's the newly released movie poster for JJ Abrams' Star Trek movie.  That's Eric Bana in the top left as the heavily tattooed villian whose name we don't know yet.  In the top right is Zoe Saldana as Uhura.  The bottom Right is Chris Pine as a totally smug James T. Kirk.  And in the bottom left is Zachary "Sylar" Quinto as Mr. Spock.

Some personal thoughts on this poster:

  1. The villian I know nothing about, but he looks menacing at least

  2. Uhura looks ok I guess, but I was never personally a big Uhura fan. But I guess since she's the only female bridge crewmember, they had to include her for the ladies.

  3. Chris Pine definitely has the full-of-himself look of Kirk, but the question is, can he deliver dialog in proper kirk fashion?  Also, if the film doesn't show him beating the Kobayashi Maru, then I will go on record now stating that I hate JJ Abrams.

  4. Zachary Quinto is scary/accurate as Spock.  I swear, he should get a paternity test to make sure Leonard Nimoy isn't his dad.  The resemblance is amazing. 

  5. I'm dying to see what Simon Pegg looks like as Scotty.  I hope they dyed his hair black for the role.


No comments:

Post a Comment