Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Want To Go Drinking At This Bar


This commercial is the beginning of a new ad campaign for the Sony Playstation called Long Live Play, and I absolutely love it. This is easily the coolest video game commercial I've seen in years. Instead of just advertising one game, or the system itself, this new campaign focuses on us, the game players, and the many different kinds of adventures that we can have while playing video games. This is an ad for not just Sony games, but gaming itself as a genre.

It perfectly showcases some of these various possible adventures that a gamer can have by having a ton of popular game heroes hanging out at a bar drinking together and discussing their adventures. I don't know about you, but I'd love to belly up to a bar and have a drink with the likes of Solid Snake, Ezio Auditore, Kratos, Nathan Drake and many more. Where is this bar and how do I get there? That's what I want to know.

Well done Sony. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment