Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tron 3 To Feature The Return Of Master Control Program?



I will freely admit to being a sucker for anything Tron related. I loved the first film growing up, and I'm apparently in the minority of people who loved the new film Tron: Legacy. Since that film came out, I've been hoping for word of a potential third film in the series, but I haven't heard anything concrete.

Until now.

The video above is an easter egg from the Tron: Legacy DVD which is due to hit stores next week. It features a text conversation between the son of Ed Dillinger, who was played by the always amazing Cillian Murphy in a cameo at the beginng of Tron: Legacy, and none other than the main villain of the first Tron film . . . . the Master Control Program (MCP).

I won't lie, when I heard the MCP's voice in this clip, I may have soiled my pants a little bit due to my overwhelming excitement. If Cillian Murphy and the MCP are the main villains of a third Tron film, I will be one happy geek for sure.

Also, if Sam Flynn actually starts wearing Flynn Lives t-shirts in the next film, that will be totally rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment