Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The New Wonder Woman Is Looking Slightly Less Skanktastic Than Before


NBC has released some new on-set photos of actress Adrianne Palicki in her Wonder Woman costume, and while I'm still not 100% pleased with it, I will happily admit that it's about a thousand times better than what we had seen before.

Let's break it down, shall we?

  1. The Boots: Thank god, they fixed the boots and made them red. This was easily the worst of the problems I think with the previous costume we were shown. Blue pants with matching blue boots just looked too horrible for words.
  2. Again With The Boots: Wonder Woman is no longer rocking the high heel boots she had before, but is wearing flat heeled boots now which makes much more sense for a Warrior like her to wear as she's laying the smack down on roody-poo criminal candy asses.
  3. The Pants: Now appearing in a nice dark blue, and no longer looking like they are made out of super-shiny paper-thin vinyl, these new pants look much better than what we had seen before.
  4. The Stars: The line of stars running down the side of the pants are a nice reference to Wonder Woman's traditional star spangled panties. I still don't quite get why she wears stars when she's not an American superhero, but whatever. At least this has a comic book basis, so I'm ok with it.
  5. Less Lipstick: It seems that Princess Diana has foregone the whorish red lipstick she was wearing in the first press photos and is now wearing a more subtle amount of lipstick that makes her look far less like a cheap prostitute.

Overall, I am much happier with this version of the outfit than what we had seen previously. I still think that Adrianne Palicki is the wrong choice to play W.W. though. She's just too damn skinny and her freaky fake boobs are still weirding me out. Wonder Woman is an Amazon, she's a big girl with natural curves and she should be played by a woman who fits that description. I just can't picture Ms. Palicki beating up super villains and making it believable. Hell, I have a hard time picturing her beating up random street thugs, let alone someone with superpowers.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Ms. Palicki will surprise me and she'll be like the second coming of Summer Glau (whom I fully believe can beat up a whole room of armed men with only her bare fists, regardless of the fact that she weights about 98 pounds soaking wet). Only time will tell though. I shall reserve final judgement until I've seen the pilot episode of the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment