Thursday, March 3, 2011

The New Tron Cartoon Looks Surprisingly Amazing



Shortly before Tron: Legacy was released in theaters, Disney announced that they were making an animated series that would take place between the two live-action films, which would be called Tron: Uprising. When this first announcement was made, I was highly skeptical. Disney, as much as I love them, is not really known for making amazing movie tie-in shows. Upon hearing of Tron: Uprising, my head was filled with images of a badly written, badly animated series that I would try to pretend never existed in the years to come.

Then I saw the above trailer.

Holy crap, it looks god damned amazing. Ok, I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, and I may have very well been wrong in fearing that Tron: Uprising was going to suck horribly. Let's look at all of the trailer's high points, and it has many:

  • The animation looks gorgeous.
  • It features a great blend of classic hand-drawn animation and CG.
  • It has light cycles that can turn at 90 degree angles.
  • The music sounds great. Very Daft Punk-esque.
  • Elijah Wood and Paul Reubens are featured in the voice cast.

And last, but certainly not least

  • Bruce Boxleitner will be the voice of Tron.

Hells Yes! Ok, I'm officially excited about this series now. Yes, it could still just as easily suck horribly if the story is bad, but at the very least it will look pretty while sucking horribly. If nothing else, I can put it on in the background for pretty visuals while listening to music.

Somehow though, I get the feeling that this show may possibly end up being awesome. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment