Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Classic Movie Monsters + Professional Wrestling = Monster Brawl (aka The Greatest Movie Ever)


I don't remember if I've ever said this before on Geek-tastic, but I'm a huge fan of professional wrestling. I've been watching the WWE ever since back when it was called the WWF and legends like Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man Randy Savage were fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship. I still watch it to this day and am a big fan of guys like CM Punk and Zack Ryder.

I'm also a huge fan of horror movies, especially those involving classic movie monsters like Frankenstein or The Mummy.

Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well, because something I never even dreamed of happening has somehow come into being. The world of professional wrestling has been merged with the world of horror movie monsters into a single product. That product? The movie Monster Brawl.

This is Monster Brawl's premise, according to the movie's website:

Set in the tradition of a Pay-Per-View main event, comes a grotesque and hilarious fight to the death featuring a cast of eight classic combatants in all. Along with their colorful managers, these Monsters compete in visceral bloody combat in the ring to determine the most powerful monster of all time.

Eight classic movie monsters fighting in a pro wrestling tournament to determine who is the most powerful monster ever?!?!?! Hell yeah!!! I can't wait to see this movie. Especially when your list of combatants are a cyclops, a witch, Swamp Thing, a werewolf, a campire a mummy, a zombie and the Frankenstein monster. The cast is pretty cool too. Dave Foley from The Kids In The Hall? Horror movie icon Lance Henrikson? Wrestling legend Kevin Nash and "The Mouth of The South" Jimmy Hart (one of the greatest wrestling managers of all time)?

Seriously, how did I not even hear about this film until today. Dear god I hope this is available on DVD in time for Halloween. If it is, I'll be doing a Halloween screening of this for me and my friends, no doubts about it. Just check out how bad ass this poster is.

No comments:

Post a Comment